Seek out Joy: My Resolution for Every Year
Wow, we made it. Even as I was enjoying my first ever midnight *smooch* it didn’t feel real that 2020 was ending. What a damn year it was.
- ALWAYS say yes to water when it’s offered
- Eat food that makes my body feel good
- Seek out opportunities for activity and movement that are celebratory rather than punishing
- Take on projects that are interesting and challenging, but obtainable
- Say NO to everything I don’t want to do (not including dishes — *le sigh*)
- Practice patience in all areas of my life, from the little things (are you ready to go yet?!) to the major (will I ever have a fulfilling career and a 401k?)
- Actively show myself love every single day - remember that I am the only person who can be fairly expected to do this for myself, and appreciate when others do it too.